Ahead of International Women’s Day
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure the leading international engineering firm is calling for the engineering industry to make a stand for female engineers in a bid to highlight that the industry is arguably ‘falling short’ when it comes to gender diversity and there is a real need to enhance industry appeal and drive female interest.
The UK is already in a clear engineering skills deficit and in desperate need for talent to complete current nuclear projects and remain competitive.
Assystem recognises the current imbalance in numbers between men and women in the engineering sector, especially in senior leadership positions and is determined to drive the movement forward. Ensuring that the industry is collectively working towards enhanced equal opportunities; better supporting industry talent, while driving new, younger talent to enter the ever-demanding industry.
Leading the movement Assystem E&I has recently signed the Women in Nuclear Charter:
- Commits to identifying and removing obstacles faced by women and other underrepresented groups in the industry
- Acknowledges advancing equality as priority, demanding action from the industry and especially active leadership in senior roles
- Places the topic at the forefront of business agenda to remove barriers to flexible working across the nuclear sector
In addition, Assystem is launching a global equality initiative: #IncredibleWomen programme to further increase the number of females in the industry.
Anne-Charlotte Dagorn, Head of the #IncredibleWomen Diversity Programme at Assystem E&I is interested in speaking to you on how & why the industry needs to make a stand:
- Why it’s vital for the engineering industry works towards achieving gender equality
- The clear industry need to strike a better gender balance
- Why the industry needs to support/attract more talented women
- How gender equality can be better achieved
- How the #IncredibleWomen programme will promote scientific and technical fields among female students and give them career opportunities within the engineering sector
We also have a C-suite quote, helping pioneer this subject:
Dominique Louis, Chairman & CEO, Assystem explains “We are now facing unprecedented challenges, whether environmental, technological, political or economic. Our capacity to tackle them will be greatly improved by ensuring a gender-balanced representation in discussions and decision making, starting with the business world. There is a clear industry need to strike a better gender balance, provide enhanced support for development and ultimately promote a more equalised view of the nuclear sector in order to support and attract more talented women. At Assystem, we have made gender diversity and the empowerment of women a fundamental element of our development strategy and urge other industry leaders to follow suite.”
Assystem is an international engineering group. As a key participant in the industry for 50 years, the Group supports its clients in managing their capital expenditure throughout the product life cycle. Assystem S.A. is listed on Euronext Paris.
For more information please visit www.assystem.com
Follow Assystem on Twitter: @Assystem
Assystem – Anne-Charlotte Dagorn: [email protected], +33 (0)6 83 03 70 29
Spider PR – Adrianna Godziek: [email protected] 020 7403 6900